UMASS' Coach Cahoon Answers A Question From LetsGoDU

We fired off a question to "Ask the Coach" and lookie here we got an answer. Thanks Coach. For the entire transcript

dggoddard (Houston): What are you expecting from Denver this weekend? What differences in the "style of play" do you see in WCHA teams vs. Hockey East teams.

Coach Cahoon: I'm expecting from Denver a high skill level and a confident group of guys that has become accustomed to winning. They have real good special teams. All of this is a result of a well prepared team. I don't see as much difference in the style of play in recent years as I used to. We all recruit from the same leagues and are looking for players at the same level of play. They all have had the same coaches. Some teams get more of the high profile players, so their skill level is higher. But as far as league style, I don't see a difference the way I used to. From team to team, you see a difference, but that is the same in any league.

No comments: