Pages

▼

DU Recruits Lead Championship Series 2-0

The future of DU hockey will soon be in the hands of Camrose Kodiaks teammates Shawn Ostrow (#26) and Joe Colborne (#12)


DU recruits Joe Colborne and Shawn Ostrow chipped in with an assist apiece as the Camrose Kodiaks defeated the Fort McMurray Oil Barons 3-1 on Sunday night. The Kodiaks lead the Aberta Junior Hockey League Championship Series 2-0 heading to Ft. McMurray Tuesday night.

In Game One of the series Colborne had two goals as the Kodiaks rolled to a 5-0 victory. Colborne has 7 goals and 8 assists in 13 playoffs games this season.

6 comments:

  1. 2008-2009
    Rakhshani Bozak Colborne
    Novotny Ruegsegger Glasser
    Ostrow Martin Maiani
    Jackson Gifford Salazar

    Butler Carle
    Brookwell Lee
    Testwuide Mullen

    Cheverie
    Paulgaard
    Guinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we should enjoy it just in case the defections hit...

    That lineup has Frozen Four written all over it. The 4th line is better than DU's 2nd line in 2006-07. :-)

    I'll go with:

    Rakhshani-Colborne-Maiani
    Ostrow-Ruegsegger-Bozak
    Jackson-Martin-Glasser
    Novotny-Gifford-Salazar

    Your D pairing look fun and Paulgaard might surprise with more starts than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would DU consider moving Mullen back to forward if Butler stays? Or does that get too crowded up front? Just curious, since Nutini and Ryder would seem to be in the mix at D.....unless Lee and Carle push those guys out completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right about Mullen. I think I heard that somewhere that he might be back in the mix at forward. Also there's Joey Brehm who might be ready to make a splash as a Sophmore.

    Doubtful that Carle & Lee can push out Nutini & Ryder. They'll be platooning. If Mullen plays forward, there's four guys rotating among three spots.

    DU still might add some walk-ons over the summer and if some guys go pro DU might have another Jackson or Maiani waiting in the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is going to be some intense competition throughout the line-up. I would like to see Rock-Bozak-Ruegsegger play together with Colborne centering Ostrow and Maiani. My 3rd line would be Martin centering Gifford and Glasser. I see Jackson-Novotny-Salazar-Marcuzzi vying for 4th line spots. Like always Gwoz will probably switch guys around week to week looking for the best combinations early in the season.

    Chevy will likely be the #1 goalie but a platoon situation could occur with Paulgaard in the mix.

    The defense wll be interesting and I really liked Mullen on D last season. Carle was highly recruited and I see him becoming a regular and taking Andy Thomas' spot. If Mullen were to move back to forward I see Ryder, Nutini and Lee rotating for the two d spots. If Mullen is back on D, those three will be battling for one spot.

    Of course this all assumes that no one leaves early to go pro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe that you guys have me playing around with next year's line charts in April.

    We're looking pretty strong and there's going to be some nice competition for playing spots. Glasser or Jackson keep on ending up in my 4th line which I don't like (I think that they have both earned 3rd line or higher status), but I guess the competition is good.

    -Cross Czech

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.