Pages

▼

North Dakota 8 - Denver 3 * Final .... www.DenverBoone.com .... FCS-Rocky Mountain Will Televise Both Games This Weekend .... Go DU

40 comments:

  1. There is another CC player that has come down with Mono. What a close-knit team!

    http://cchockey.freedomblogging.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. More details on Ruegsegger's orange projectile vomiting courtesy of David Carle. David's latest colum is up at ESPN.com in the college sports section. Funny stuff. Ruegsegger is quickly becoming a celebrity.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. CC's weekend got off to a weird start. Leading scorer Chad Rau and captain Jake Gannon didn't depart Colorado Springs on Thursday because they were tested for mononucleosis. After receiving a clean bill of health, they were up at 4 a.m. Friday to catch a flight to Madison, where they arrived about 11 a.m.

    Wow, one has to wonder how close?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do we root for a split in Madison, to keep the Badgers from leapfrogging DU? It`s awfully hard to pull for CC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coach I was wondering the same thing?

    And Dubielewicz is going to Columbus off waivers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DU better take a look at the standings and realize how important it is for them to bring their A game each and every night now. A few losses can easily put you to 5th place with such a tight conference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7 of the last 12 regular season games are on the road. Its not the hardest schedule in the world as long as DU takes in one weekend at a time.

    Other teams have easier roads to the MacNaughton Cup, especially Wisconsin.

    A split in North Dokota would be a good result, all things considered. The last time DU played a good team (BU), they were waxed pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. DU needs to bring their A+ game to Grand Forks this coming weekend. The hockey gods looked down on DU thsi weekend and they retained first place in the standings. Their fate is now 100% in their own hands. They win out and the MacNaughton is theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This coming weekend should be a lot of fun. This weekend should be full of good hockey: playmaking, bunch of jawing back and forth, some scuffles, engaged crowd, etc. I predict no fights though. ND doesn't really have the lets throw the gloves down type this year, but they will get in your ear and mix it up. No Radke for DU to worry about. Hextall appears to be quite the conversationalist and gets under the skin of many. Interesting thing about this years Sioux team is I don't think anyone can tell you who the #1 line is. Not sure if they have one. Go Sioux! and I look forward to LetsGoDU's week of commentary. You guys come up with some funny, original stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. UND has balanced lines, I am not sure which line is the number one line. The lines change from period to period. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big challenge for DU next weekend traveling to always hostile Grand Forks. Besides this being a heated rivalry, North Dakota currently sits on the bubble in the PWR, so they need wins. DU had better be prepared to play 60 minutes of hard-nosed intense hockey both nights. This should be a hard fought and hotly contested series.

    Last year's trip to GF was basically a horror movie for the Pios. They coughed up a 3-goal lead on Friday night and lost by one and then Saturday's game lost by 3. That game featured a lot of penalties and extra-curricular activity, including the Vossberg-Radke scrap in which Vossberg took several punches while he was lying flat on the ice. I expect DU to come out and play hard and earn at least a split.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy Columbus plucked Dubie off waivers from the Icelanders, just left them stranded in net with Yann Danis and Manno.

    ReplyDelete
  13. DGGODDARD: 7 of the last 12 regular season games are on the road. Its not the hardest schedule in the world as long as DU takes in one weekend at a time.

    Who did your team's schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You mean 9 of the first 10 games at home?

    OR

    Every non-conference at home?

    OR

    Single games against CC near the end of the season?

    OR

    Never having back-to back series against traditional WCHA powers?

    I'm sure its just luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Denver has a lot to prove this weekend. Since the Minnesota series in mid November Denver has played one elite, top 10 caliber team in BU and was beaten soundly. I expect we'll learn a lot about our boys after this series against NoDak.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why the split CC games? One game on a weekend?

    Did DU-CC "powers that be" agree to this scheduling sometime ago and will it continue in the future?

    I like the two game series, at only one venue, no home-and-home series.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Scott Owens said that ending the season with a grueling home-and-home series hurt CC in the playoffs. No joke, he really said it.

    I think it will work out well for Colorado hockey to spread the series out so that the teams and fans can get fired up for a single game.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what time is the game on friday/saturday night?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Games are:

    Friday 6:30 PM MT

    Saturday 6:00 PM MT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Who is this Belding dude that folks over at SiouxSports is comparing to Coach Gwoz? I have never seen this guy before. Funny anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Belding is the Principal of a fictional high school in the old TV series "Saved By The Bell"
    The series was designed to appeal to teens, tweens, and NoDak fans.

    (I had teens or tweens in my household at the time. Trust me, NO NoDaks allowed.)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Maybe Coach Owens and CC should just forfeit the last game to DU.

    That way his team can have a weekend of rest before the first round of the WCHA playoffs :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. If they are comparing coaches to characters then scott owens should be called "soul glo" in reference to the movie "coming to america".

    ReplyDelete
  24. Suprised they are no shots at Gregoire on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Michael Corleone: "Gregoire, you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at the blog, I don't want you near my house. When you see our mother, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?"

    ReplyDelete
  26. Traitoire is still "Traitor of the Year" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is the biggest series to date this season. Currnet first place, potential MacHaughton ramifications and huge pairwise ramifications. DU must come out strong and never take a shift off this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Game day should be a great series. Also, to the folks coming up to Grand Forks, bring an extra jacket it is brutally cold today. Wind Chills in the -20 to -40 degree range.

    ReplyDelete
  29. give them blankets
    steal their land
    manifest destiny
    Go DU!

    ReplyDelete
  30. 4-1 North Dakota after one?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  31. 4-0 after 14 minutes. Chevy got pulled after the 4th goal.

    Rakhshani scored with 2.7 seconds left in 1st period.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wouldn't it be nice if DU could play decent hockey after winter break? We won't make it past the 1st round at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I loved Hextall when he was crying like a baby while melting the ice in the first.

    ReplyDelete
  34. thats gotta be a record when hextall drew 3 penalties and a misconduct on pretty much the same play

    ReplyDelete
  35. DU Sweep?? More like Swept..

    Also I thought in I read in all the newspapers DU was ready to come into North Dakota and play physical? Maybe get into a fight or two??

    I guess they focussed too much on their fighting skills this past week, and not on their Hockey Skills??

    ps Hextall just Mind Freaked DU's whole team..

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.