Pages

▼

Boone's Tavern To Open Near DU

(above) Boone's Tavern is under construction and will open next month
The Clarion student newspaper has an article about a new neighborhood bar opening next month named after DU's Unofficial Student Mascot. Boone.  Check out the article for more details and the location.

22 comments:

  1. I believe that any restaurant with the name of Boone deserves to be launched in grand style. I propose a gathering prior to a Saturday night game.

    Aluum, I still remember that you owe me a brew so this would be a great place to pay up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the old Fagan's location?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold your horses Miller. They won't be open until November 11th.

    The Saturday night game against Colorado College on Nov. 12th would seem like a logical pregame event for the LetsGoDU faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 bucks they have to toss CO14ers out before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re in? What date are you picking for CO14ers to get bounced by?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet $10 that cctig barfs up a lung on the 12th...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you going to hold his hair back like you did last time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the remodel goes well because that place looks like an absolute dive. Is there a pay phone around back where Jay and Silent Bob can setup shop?

    ReplyDelete
  9. mexico, tools like you aren't invite. stick with the playground at mcdonald's

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Ronnie- How sad is your life that you basically stalk an opposing college team's blog?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously..... you guys all need to get a life. PS...Boone's looks like a dump.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course it looks like a dump now- it doesn't actually open for another month (Mid November).

    ReplyDelete
  13. That joint has always been a dump, however you never know what can happen with new ownership.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fagan's was next the infamous Silver Spruce Lounge. The "Spruce" was the dive to be at back in the day. When it closed at that location it re-opened where The Border is. Fagan's then expanded into the old Silver Spruce space. After the Spruce went under for good, The Retreat on Colorado Boulevard and Evans became the place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wouldn't count on Boone's being too classy based on the company website...

    http://www.buffbrothers.net/

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's always good to see a reference to the Silver Spruce. Sort of a club house for the hockey players, who used to show the barmaids their phony Canadian ID to get served. I'm not sure "dive" is an accurate description. "Dump" is closer to the mark. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Old Pio - Why would a bunch of overage Canadians need a fake ID?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I miss the poker tourney's @ Fagans. Granted most of the people were getting drunk those nights on $1 PBR drafts. You do that now and all you'll get is a bunch of unemployed hipsters, yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Phuck overage Canadians with fake ID's

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.