Pages

▼

Saturday Night: DU vs. Michigan Tech

(above) The Finnish Line was solid is goal tonight
Denver 2 - Michigan Tech 2 FINAL



Erich Bacher's Live Game Blog

(above) Click on line-chart to expand

23 comments:

  1. Interesting lines to be "Shore."

    Beau Bennett still out with a hand injury.

    Doremus & Salazar on the "4th" line but they will probably get quite a few shifts with Drew or Nick Shore playing double duty.

    Olkinuora gets his first start and was very strong last night.

    DU must avoid the dumb penalties that did them in last night

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's happened to nate dewhurst?

    ReplyDelete
  3. DU has a lot more depth this season and I'm sure they want to see what the Freshmen can do.

    Also using 7 D-men each night takes away a forward spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First line -Matt Tabrum? Verrry verrry interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think Gwoz is sending the Goal Czar a message? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pathetic weekend for DU. -.- They better get their act together before we see the national champs.

    As for Olkinuora... I didn't see the game just listened to it, but it sounds like we'll be seeing more of him in the future. I was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DU led until around 10 minutes to go. Very solid weekend for Tech.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We might of led but when you get humiliated the night before I expect so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Impressive weekend 1 point weekend pi-holes.


    "Book Tampa !!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it me, or is Salazar in the dog house about half the time? I think Gwoz is disappointed in the upperclass leadership. I am not sure what has caused this but hopefully it will work it's self out. I think I see a goalie controversy on the horizon. Interesting decision for Gwoz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Better game by DU tonight but still not up to expectations. We had sparks of good hockey but no consistency. I'm happy that Olkinuora had a solid game and made some great saves when we needed them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tough weekend for the Pios, but perhaps a good, strong reminder about the level of work ethic, discipline and leadership that will be needed if DU is to be a serious contender this season.

    Gwoz needs the team to grow from this..and a nice tumble down the polls might actually help the team to play better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ DG

    Our boy, Olki, is for real.

    And we need him right now.

    Anyway, he gave up as many goals in 100 (or so) minutes this weekend as Murray did in 10.

    Still think we didn't need another goalie?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another blunder game by the Refs - The goldenboys, the untouchables, the King and his court, the A team.... whatever you want to call them. I call them pathetic. You made your Dad proud as usual. Shepherd family jewels. Not only did Jay Stickney comment on them, but the MTU announcers did too. Just 2 more years of those WCHA numbskulls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, Fhat the Wuck??? Right now, 102.3 the Fan, at 7am on Sunday is replaying the Saturday night game! At first I thought they were playing a game 3 LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. DU would probably like to play a third game and take a Mulligan on the first.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much for the good karma in weeks 1 and 2. DU sh** in their pants this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What's important is that Gwoz. figures out the best combination of upper classmen and freshmen by mid February. We have a ton of new talent and it will take time to integrate the best combinations. As long as we make the 16 team tournament and are playing our best hockey in March it's not important which seeding or where we play.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Murray is up and down like a yo-yo. He's better than consistently poor, but he's not consistently good yet either, injury or not.

    Let Olki start next weekend, and see if he can step up to the job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The results of this weekend make it clear why Tech kicked us out of the WCHA. They're still jerks for doing it, but I understand now. Dead weight brings down a league and they needed to cut it loose.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey, as a DU faithful, I give credit to MTU's coach. He's clearly making a difference. I seem to remember a new hockey coach named Gwozdecky who took a Head Coaching position in Colorado when that school wasn't exactly top notch.... but he seemed to work out pretty dang well there.
    Cripe; maybe Tech will be the WCHA force to be reckoned within a couple years.... maybe the NCHC and Penn State will WISH they were as good as the Huskies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Are you saying Murray isn't a D1 goalie yet? How did he get hurt? Was he faking it after the goal?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Murray 3.29 .897
    Olkinuora 1.47 .940

    Numbers don't lie.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.