Pages

▼

DU #1 In Sporting News College Hockey Poll

(above) DU is #1 in another college hockey poll

The Sporting News' Top 20 Preseason Poll ranks the University of Denver first in the nation, according to the magazine's 2009-10 Hockey Yearbook. Denver, who finished 23-12-5 last season.

The Pioneers were followed by Miami (Ohio) (23-13-5), Michigan (29-11-0) & UMass-Lowell (20-16-2) to round out the top four, while Notre Dame (31-6-3) comes in at number five.

Continuing a recent trend, Colorado College was unranked.

6 comments:

  1. I'm shocked, I'm stunned. well not really as I'm sure there won't be a poll that is released that won't have you guys as number one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive, tells you how tough the WCHA is going to be this year with 4 of the top 10 schools from the WCHA3

    ReplyDelete
  3. the wcha will be tough again... but umd and scsu should flop places with minny and wisco in that poll, because I would bet wisco and minny will finish ahead of scsu and umd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see Duluth as a Top 20 Team, but SCSU will surprise some people.

    Minnesota has talent, but has finished the regular season pretty weakly two years in a row. I'll be surprised if Minnesota finishes in the Top three in the WCHA, but not surprised if they finish in the bottom three.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somewhat-surprisingly there's absolutely no mention of the loser team headquartered just south of Denver. You wanna know who you are? CC. Wanna know what you do? You Suck!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.