Pages

▼

DU's 2011 Recruiting Class Ranked #5

(above) INCH listed DU's 2011 Recruiting Class #5
Inside College Hockey's recruiting rankings were released today and the University of Denver was ranked #5.

Since Inside College Hockey began compiling the recruiting rankings in 2004, DU has always been ranked in the Top 10.
INCH Ranks DU's Past Recruiting Classes & Key Recruits

2011 - #5 - Laleggia, Mayfield, Larraza

2010 - #1 - N. Shore, Bennett, Zucker, Brittain, Makowski

2009 - #2 - Shore, Donovan, Wrenn, Murray, S. Ostrow

2008 - #8 - Colborne, Lee, Wiercioch

2007 - #9 - Bozak, Martin, K. Ostrow, Cheverie

2006 - #4 - Rakhshani, Ruegsegger, Brookwell, Seabrook

2005 - #6 - Butler, Trotter, Mullen, Fast

2004 - #8 - Stastny, Mannino, Dingle, Thomas, May, Paukovich

18 comments:

  1. 2004 & 2007 look to be ridiculously low with the benefit of hindsight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one ever can pinpoint how a recruiting class will turn out. For every Bozak or Stastny, there is usually a Gifford or a Dewhurst.

    Roll the dice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read on this site earlier that DU was a shoe-in to get the #1 class after Miami and UND both lost star recruits late in the game.

    I guess not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DG talking out of his a#@ again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DU had six Freshmen out on the ice against Boston College and dominated the game in Beantown.

    Laleggia owned the third period against BU.

    Both Miami & UND lost top-notch recruits to major juniors in the 11th hour.

    IMO DU has the best Freshmen class in the country. INCH doesn't agree with me. We'll see who's right in April.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laleggia is going to be very good.
    Wasn't he committed to another program before de-committing and coming to DU? If I remember it was an east coast team, DG should know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I don't remember correctly, but I don't seem to recall LeLaggia having reneged on a commitment...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laleggia had committed to UNH.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laleggia had committed to UNH. We never really heard a story on why he switched to DU.

    He did play an extra year of juniors in the BCHL and put up awesome numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DG--you said LaLeggia owned the third period vs. BU. I didn't see the game. What was so good about his play?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Listen to Dg, he's a hockey expert, just ask him......Beers anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  12. "IMO DU has the best Freshmen class in the country. INCH doesn't agree with me. We'll see who's right in April."

    Probably March (if DU's recent playoff history is any indication).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goalie masks:Murray and Boone vs Howe. Vote Now!

    http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles/vote-your-favorite-goalie-mask

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry Viz but Murray and Howe aren't in the same class. On a side note, I really liked Howe's mask last season.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Viz,
    I'm sitting here in LAX, which has apparently been renamed La La Land, waiting for my flight and just realized I meant to call you the next time I was in Southern California. I really wanted to hang out...sorry... Maybe next time???

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey mexico, admit it, you are at the bus station in topeka kansas

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yeah, hopping a bus from Topeka to El Paso, I presume...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.