Turns out that LetsGoDU isn't the only one having a few laughs while the Cheeseheads run around looking for allies in the "Last Second Goal Controversy." Our friends at Inside College Hockey.com featured the debate on their "Found On A Cocktail Napkin" segment this week.
11 Reasons Officials Disallowed Wisconsin's Apparent Tying Goal Against Denver on Friday
• Replay guy didn't want to miss red-eye flight to Cabo for weekend getaway with Jessica Simpson.
• Hoped to hurry out of Magness Arena to rush down to the Pepsi Center to try to get Carmelo Anthony's autograph.
• Referee later admitted he was only looking to see if Brett Hull's foot was in the crease.
• After a conference, officials declared, "It'd be a shame to send all these nice Denver folks home unhappy."
• Instead of capturing final moments of the game, replay tape was rolling on a "Cheers" rerun.
• Thought game clock ran up from zero like it does in international hockey.
• Officiating crew left copies of "Watching TV For Dummies" in the back of the seat in front of them during their flight.
• Remembering that Cornell game from a few years ago, ref figured if he let Wisconsin go to OT, he'd be there all night.
• Obscure Druid holiday that started at sundown Friday and ended at sundown Saturday required officials to end games in 60 minutes "or be smote posthaste to an eternity of refereeing 7 a.m. mite games in an unheated rink."
• Ref told Badgers, "Maybe this will teach you to try harder at the beginning instead of waiting until the final moments."
• "I'm not actually sure of the rule on this one, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."