Colborne Delivers Player Of The Year Speech

From: Edmonton Journal - May 10, 2008
by Cam Tait


CORNWALL, Ont. - Camrose Kodiaks forward Joe Colborne said he was more nervous speaking in front of 500 people on Friday night than playing in the Royal Bank Cup playoffs.

But Colborne's speech was a hit as he was officially presented with the Canadian Junior Hockey League's player-of-the year award at an awards banquet Friday.

In a five-minute written speech, Colborne thanked his coaches, family members and the Alberta Junior Hockey League.

"I can honestly say I have no regrets playing junior A rather than the Western Hockey League," he said. "I'm thankful for the Kodiaks taking a chance on me."

Colborne is expected to be a first-round draft pick in this year's NHL entry draft.

"I was very impressed with the way Joe handled himself," said Los Angeles Kings coach Marc Crawford, who was the banquet's guest speaker. "I'm looking forward to seeing him play Saturday."

LetsGoDU: The Kings possess the Dallas Stars 1st round draft choice which will be one of the last four picks in the First Round of the NHL Draft in Ottawa (6/20/2008).

No comments: