Trotter Stands out In Canadiens Scrimmage

(above) Brock Trotter

From: National Post
by Kevin Mio

After shaking the rust off their legs on Saturday with skating and puck-control drills, the Montreal Canadiens got down to business Sunday with a scrimmage.

It was a chance for the players to get some of their timing back and, for the rookies, make an impression on the coaching staff.

"I think everything was positive today," head coach Guy Carbonneau said. "We (the coaches) were very impressed by the conditioning of the players. The tempo was excellent."

Carbonneau was pleased with the play of Brock Trotter, an NCAA standout at the University of Denver signed by the Canadiens near the end of last season.

"Now we'll see how he does against men in the NHL," the coach said.

Trotter registered an assist in the scrimmage, and knows he has a lot left to prove.

"I am in a situation where I have to prove myself and progress up the ranks," he said "So I am just trying to take it one day at a time and show them what I can do throughout the camp."

1 comment:

Twister said...

Best of luck to Trotter. I hope he can make a name for himself with Montreal.