LetsGoDU Photo Of The Week

(above) Bring Back Boone T-shirts @ Magness

"Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie paraphased by LetsGoDU
"You know, if one person, just one person wears a Boone shirt they may think he's really sick and they won't take notice of him or her. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both crazy and they'll ignore them. And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walk into Magness Arena wearin' Boone shirts and cheering for DU. They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said fifty people a day walking into Magness Arena with Boone shirts and cheering for DU. And friends they may think it's a movement."

"And that's what it is, the Bring Back Boone Movement, and all you got to do to join is wear a Boone shirt the next time DU plays at Magness."
- Arlo Guthrie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So we're sittin there, on the "group W bench" ...

du78 said...

"And I, I walked over to the, to the bench there, and there is, Group W's where they put you if you may not be moral enough to join the army after committing your special crime, and there was all kinds of mean nasty ugly looking people on the bench there. Mother rapers. Father stabbers. Father rapers! Father rapers sitting right there on the bench next to me! And they was mean and nasty and ugly and horrible crime-type guys sitting on the bench next to me. And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest father raper of them all, was coming over to me and he was mean 'n' ugly 'n' nasty 'n' horrible and all kind of things and he sat down next to me and said, "Kid, whad'ya get?" I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage." He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?" And I said, "Littering." And they all moved away from me on the bench
there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I said, "And creating a nuisance." And they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the bench, talkin about crime, mother stabbing,
father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the bench. And everything was fine, we was smoking cigarettes and all kinds of things, until the Sargeant came over, had some paper in his hand, held it up and said."

dggoddard said...

Its a great song. Maybe if we ever win this battle, we can get DU to play it during the intermission. At over 18 minutes in length, it would take up the whole intermission. :-)