DU Recruit Drew Shore Ranked #1 On NHL Hot List

(above) DU recruit Drew Shore's stock continues to rise

From: The Hockey News
by Ryan Kennedy

1. Drew Shore, C – U.S. national team development program: Drew Shore is a man of the world. Thanks to his time with the U.S. NTDP, the young pivot has traveled all over the place, but it was a recent Five Nations tourney victory in Sweden that really stood out.

“That was probably the best experience I’ve had so far in the program,” Shore said.

And that’s a competitive category. Shore, who has put up 33 points in 46 games for the NTDP, largely playing against Division I college competition, had some interesting insights on why the program has worked so well for him.

“It’s different than major junior,” he noted. “Everyone on the team is the same age and no one can get traded, so by the end of your time here, the whole team is best friends.”

Shore has a commitment to Denver University, as do teammates William Wrenn and Adam Murray for next season.

“It will definitely make it more fun,” said Shore, who is actually from Denver. “Obviously growing up there, I went to a lot of games.”

Looking ahead to this summer’s draft, Shore will be a hot commodity and the 6-foot-2, 190-pounder knows what his pros and cons are.

“I think my strengths are how well I see the ice and my ability to be a playmaker,” he said, adding “I’d like to get more selfish with the puck in the prime scoring areas.”

Whatever he’s doing with the puck, Shore is going to be a threat with it as his career progresses. Draft eligible in 2009.

No comments: