News & Notes From Around Pioneer Nation

The Dayton Daily Times has an article about Coach Gwozdecky and Miami's Coach Blasi facing off for the fourth time.

Coach Gwozdecky was interviewed in a podcast in Minneapolis on the Minnesota Wild radio show.

ESPN.com's NHL writer Pierre LeBrun was asked about Tyler Bozak in his weekly online chat.

NHL.com has a full feature on DU recruit Drew Shore, who plays on the US National Development Team. NHL Central Scouting's Jack Barzee had this to say about Shore.
"He gets chances and creates chances from all his hard work," Barzee said. "He's very unselfish and smart, and he's quick to make the transition from offense to defense. He's not a speedster, but he's got a long stride and he's got good speed. He's also very strong on the puck, with good strength in his arms and hands, and makes good passes."

6 comments:

msbdu said...

Perhaps Tyler B. needs to speak to Dingle and Paukovich about leaving early. I think if they had it to do all over, they would have stayed at DU. I understand Bozak has more talent.

Jordan said...

If all 30 teams were scouting him and there are several very interested in getting him a contract close to the entry-level maximum I'd go if I were him. No sense risking another injury. But he surprised me by staying this year, so...

Anonymous said...

Bozak is one amazing player but yes he needs to learn from Dingle and Paukovich. I think he needs more time to develop even further and better himself right now.

If I were an NHL scout I'd draft him and let him develop down here more and get what he can out of the college level, then bring him in and train him. After all what college hockey does is train a player for all situations... offense and defense, unlike the Canadian Juniors which to me is all offense.

Anonymous said...

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Bozak is much to old to be drafted and thus will be a free agent until signed by a team. Once signed, he's no longer eligible to play college hockey.

Angélique C. Murray (Jori) said...

Exactly, Bozak is too old to be drafted. There is no doubt in my mind he's gone. Tony Granato spoke about Tyler yesterday on his weekly radio program about his readiness and confirming the Avs are one of the teams that are intereted in his services.

Anonymous said...

The Avs could sure use him.