News & Notes from the DU Hockey's 60th Anniversary Website.
- Jon Art, class of ’62 and a leader on and off the ice, knows a good thing when he sees it! He was the first to register. So has George (Curly) Kirkwood ‘62.
- Mark Rycroft, class of 2001 and former Colorado Avalanche, has registered and has gotten his former teammates Hobie Baker Award Winner, Matt Carle who is currently playing with the Philadelphia Flyers and Paul Stasney of the Colorado Avalanche to register as well.
- Gerry Powers class of ’69 and 2 time NCAA Champ is communicating with all of his teammates and says the 67-69 Pioneers will have more members of their team at the celebration than any other team. The gauntlet has been laid down!
- Ed Zimmeru, Captain of the 1st DU NCAA Championship team back in 1958, has committed as have several of his teammates.
- Rod Summers, Class of 1990, is working the phones and e-mail to get the Backstrom era to turn out.
- Angelo Ricci and Mark Luger says the Serratore era will be well represented. Mark Luger and Donald McLennan have already registered.
- Marshall Johnston was in town in February and stopped by the Magnus Arena to do a video promotion that was aired at the last few DU games of the season as well as on local TV.
- Many, many Denver area fans are coming out of the woodwork and have asked to attend/participate in the celebration. We have even received unsolicited donations from fans saying how much Denver Hockey has meant to them and the community over the years.