Virginia Overcomes Adversity To Face DU

From: NBC29.com

The University of Virginia Cavaliers are in the Final Four for the fourth straight season.

UVA senior goalie Adam Ghitelman said, "I think there's a certain excitement on this team and a certain togetherness that's been making it special for us. The fact that we've gone through a bit of adversity as a team, it's drawn us closer."

UVA junior attack Steele Stanwick said, "We're just all buying into the same thing and really just emphasizing the whole team concept. It's been an up and down year, but I'm really proud about how we've come together these last couple weeks."

Virginia is the #7 seed, its lowest NCAA Tournament seed in ten years.

Stanwick said, "Being a #7 seed and being kind of doubted, I think gave us a little fuel to our fire. Instead of having the target on our back, we can kind of use that as motivation for our win, so I think it's been good, and we've really benefited from that."

UVA head coach Dom Starsia said, "I'm as proud of this group as any team that I can remember. I feel like we've worked hard. We have overcome some things. The pinnacle for our college lacrosse people is to be playing on this final weekend. We've earned our way here. It hasn't been an easy trip to get here, and I'm really proud of these guys, the way that they persevered throughout the season."

No comments: