Twitter: Jason Zucker To Wear #16 In Minnesota

(above) No nameplate on Jason Zucker's locker at the Xcel Center just yet
by Mike Russo

Jason Zucker will make his NHL debut tomorrow night against the Florida Panthers. Wearing No. 16, Zucker (pronounced Zooker) will become the 45th player to dress in a Wild sweater this season.

He said he couldn't sleep last night, won't sleep tonight, but yet, he seemed very confident and definitely sure of his decision to leave DU. He said he made the decision Monday night while talking to his parents, Natalie and Scott, who will attend the game with siblings Evan, Adam, Cameron and Kimberly. He said he informed Pioneers coach George Gwozdecky of his decision yesterday, and he was glad he was able to leave on good terms.

"It was purely my decision," Zucker said. "It was something that I wanted and thought I was ready for. ... I think it was just time for me to move on."

In Wednesday's practice, he skated on the left side of a line with center Erik Christensen and right wing Nick Johnson. Cal Clutterbuck moved to a line with Kyle Brodziak and Darroll Powe.

"It's going to be a great opportunity," Zucker said. "I'm real excited for it. I'm going to be able to gain a lot of experience."

Said coach Mike Yeo: "He's going to feel so much more comfortable coming into camp next year. ... I don't want to pigeonhole him into anything as far as what we expect from him."

6 comments:

dggoddard said...

Good luck tonight Jason. Go Wild on the Panthers.

Anonymous said...

too bad they aren't playing the cougars. That quote would be much better.

But yes, good luck JZ!

Funny thing about college hockey. All of a sudden I like the Wild and want them to do well.

I know I'm in the minority, but I could give two sh*ts about my prior pro team allegiances. I root for the Avs, Flyers, Flames, and now Wild.

brett said...

It's nice to see a CC tiger (Rau) get moved out to make room for a Pioneer!

Also, it would've been cool if DShore got his start today again Zuck and the Wild, but we'll have to wait till next season, maybe longer, till they play each other. Chances of Zucks line being on the ice at the same time as DShores line is pretty low as well.....

Anonymous said...

Hey Rau - step aside boy, and let the big dawg eat.

Anonymous said...

Go Zucker!! Nice to see a player leave early, and for it to actually be a GOOD decision, like it is for Jason.

Anonymous said...

Its great to see another Pioneer develop a NHL attack, speed and predator mindset like Jason and Drew did. Very excited to see what happens with Beau Bennett and the freshman class.

GO PIOS!
WP