Beat The Gophers Week

A Couple of Goodfellas Maintain Gopher Recruiting Supremacy
(Left) Don Lucia, Doug Woog & Minnesota AD Joel Maturi, get the cash together for another blue chip recruiting visit to Blarneys (photo courtesy of Fox 9 News-Minneapolis)

Don Lucia has just told a story that's cracked up the entire crew of UM bigwigs at the corner table in Blarney's.
.
Doug Woog: (laughing hard) Really funny. Really funny.
.
Don Lucia: Whattya mean I'm funny?
.
Woog: You're just funny, y'know, the story. It's funny. You're a funny guy.
.
Don: Whattya mean? They way I talk? What?
.
Wooger: It's just, y'know, it's just funny, you know the way you tell the story and everything ...
.
Don: Funny how? I mean, what's funny about it?
.
UM Athletic Director Joel Maturi: (worried) Don, no, you got it all wrong...
.
Don: Whoa, whoa Joel! He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What'd you say? Funny how? What?
.
Woog: Just you know you're funny.
.
Don: You mean, let me understand this ... cuz I ... maybe its me, maybe I'm a little f***ed up maybe. I'm funny how, I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you. I make you laugh? I'm here to amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?
.
Woog: I don't know just ... you know how you tell the story. What?
.
Don: No, no I don't know. You said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. (yelling now) How the f*** am I funny? What is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny?
.
(Long suspenseful pause: is someone going to die?)
.
Woog (cracking up): Get the f*** outta here!
.
(everyone laughs, the tension is gone)
.
Don: Ya mf, I almost had him! I almost had him! You stuttering p***k here! Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Wooger. You may fold under questioning from the NCAA!! (laughter)

4 comments:

Eric J. Burton said...

You forgot to mention the money in a stocking cap under the table.

dggoddard said...

Its implied...

LetsGoMavs said...

You crack me up.

Now, seriously about Woog...I think he's having mini strokes. When I watched the FSN taping at the MWCC, I thought he was drunk...but then when I watched the one from Mariucci and then saw him again, I'm convinced of it. I'm not being mean either..it's weird. Watch for it this weekend. Poor old guy is losing it...and has weird facial things going on. Perhaps it's time to retire.

dggoddard said...

Retiring in a timely manner has never been Wooger's strong suit. Besides he's my favorite announcer, so I say keep him.

Now if Lucia starts having mini-heart attacks, I'm hiding the defibrillator in Magness. I'm kidding, I'm kidding...er...turns out we don't have one.