Love Story: WCHA Style

(Left) The MTU fans wore Toga's this weekend as MTU Swept UAA. MeanEgirl is pictured front row right holding the broom.

Where to begin...Where to begin...

Michigan Tech has a huge hockey fan nicknamed MeanEgirl. She also happens to write Michigan Tech's hockey blog as well as play in Tech's Pep Band.

During the first St. Cloud series last year, MEg was taunting SCSU defenseman Casey Borer (#6). Eventually Casey winked at her. MEg decided to take this as a sign Borer had a crush on her, made all manner of signs advertising this, posted on his Facebook wall, etc. When Borer took a penalty that game, MEg went over to the box and started hitting on him.

She eventually got to meet Borer and his girlfriend in St. Cloud. It was hilarity.

Luckily this was all caught on film and the video qualifies as an "ESPN Instant Classic." Download the video (11 MB) and if you're lucky enough to watch it, you'll laugh out loud.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the togas catching on across the country...

And the video was rather funny, too.

dggoddard said...

Not at all. It turns out that there's a huge untapped market out there in cyberspace for videos of lovestruck hockey groupies. :-)

LetsGoMavs said...

Oh my god....that was the funniest hockey video I've seen in a long time:)

Anonymous said...

My eyes are tearing. It is Ali MacGraw and Ryan O'Neal all over again.

DC said...

OMG that was funny.

Whiskey said...

Just Outstanding!! I laughed, I cried, I felt true love in the air ....

MeanEgirl said...

Actual dialogue from our talk:

Me: Casey, I think you and I shared a moment over there... [referring to when he blew me a kiss during warm ups]
Casey: ...No, I don't think we did.
Me: Casey, I think you and I have a future together!
Casey: ...No, I don't think we do.
Me: Casey! I think I LOVE YOU! I need to know... do you feel the same way about me??
Casey: Nope!!
Me: Aw, what's wrong? Do you already have a girlfriend... or... a boyfriend?
Casey: Yup. #14 on the team is my boyfriend.

I continued to pester him for the remainder of his two minutes. Tech lost 0-7, but it was the most fun I've ever had at a game. =)

dggoddard said...

He doesn't look Gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) in the Video...

Anonymous said...

funny video. however i don't think it tops the one about Hirsch a year or so ago, where after the game, he lined up at center ice and went full speed with a puck to the net, let off a slapshot around the hashmarks and then crahsed into the net head first taking it all the wya to the boards. the story behind it is that Lucia bumped him down a line becuase he wasn't "crashing the net" enough. after he did it, lucia didnt play him the next week, and also mandated him to undergo some psychiatric tests. i'll see if i can find it somewhere i used ot have it.

Anonymous said...

haha ok i found it. to clarify the time stamp: its from after the final five game between minnesota and CC, where they lost 3-0 on march 18, 2005. the previous background story stands as true. just clarifying the date. if anyone wants to see this let me know.