Ask dg

This weeks question comes from a DU hockey fan in Japan

Hi,

Thanks for your great site! I visit LetsGoDU every day to check up on the team -- OK, about 15 times a day.

Unfortunately, I am well outside the FSN Rocky Mountain broadcast range, and I am having trouble finding the games. (By outside, I mean on another continent!) In fact, I have not been able to watch a single game.

I have scoured the net for internet TV connections, torrent files, etc. However, all I have been able to find are a few clips on YouTube. Oh, and there are those highlight videos on the Wisconsin site, but if I had not known otherwise, those clips would have led me to believe that Wisconsin had swept DU!

Do you have any advice? Japan does not offer FSN. I just don't seem to have ANY options.

I hope you can help!


Sincerely,

Desperate In Japan



Dear Desperate,

.
Uerukamu.

I agree about those lying-classless Badger Fans. They only post the UW goals on YouTube. Luckily there haven't been too many goals for them this season, so they can hardly be accused of "bandwidth hijacking."

Now onto the problem at hand. I'm not very technically proficient either so I called in some of the "big guns" from the USCHO.com message board to help us out.


Cross-Czech (DU Fan) - "If you have someone in Denver/America that is willing to help you, the Slingbox is a great option. My girlfriend has spent a lot of time over in Europe and we love the Slingbox."

I'm not sure how many/if any games will be televised on TSN but I was in Paris last winter at a Canadian sports bar that picked up TSN through a satellite package and they broadcast the DU-Minnesota game (I think it was a CSTV feed)."


So it looks like "Slingbox" is the best option.
Here's a product tour of the Slingbox AV. I'll see what we can do to get you "hooked up."

Now if I could just tweak the "Slingbox" and start the LetsGoDU TV Network at $9.95 per month, I might be on to something. Programming could include live reports from practice, the Puck Swami Midweek Highlight Show and the late night adult content Live From The Border.

GO DU,

dg

No comments: