LetsGoDU Boss Named "Godfather" On Facebook

The "Vote Peter Mannino For Hobey Baker" site on Facebook.com named DG Goddard "The Godfather" of their site. Its obviously a huge honor and I just want to say the following to the students before I accept.

DG: I understand. You found paradise at DU. You made good grades, had fun at the hockey games, the professors protected you and there were frat parties and you didn't need a friend like me. But, now you come to me and you say "Don Goddard, give me justice." But you don't ask with respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Godfather until now. Instead, you come into my home in the month that Peter Mannino needs to win the Hobey Baker and you ask me to rig the election.

DU Student Section: Be my friend... Godfather.
[kisses Don Goddard's ring]

DG: Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But, until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my behalf.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm humbled to be in your presence.

dggoddard said...

Who am I to argue. :-)