Madison Regional Notebook

(left) Mmmmm...Brats. DU will look for a little home cookin' in the Kohl Center where DU is 11-1-2 since the building opened in 1998

DU will play the Univ. of Wisconsin in the 1st round of the NCAA playoffs in Madison on Sat. @ 4:30 PM MST. If DU advances, the Midwest Regional Final will be on Sunday at 5 PM MST.
* USCHO Tournament Printable Bracket with dates and times. (Adobe format)

* The game will be available live via Altitude 2, available on both Dish Network 446 and Direct TV 661, and in Denver on Comcast 5 and other Colorado/Wyoming cable stations.

* DU will look to break the NCAA Tournament winning streak they currently share with Minnesota & UND with a 9th Tournament win in a row against Wisconsin. DU has also won an amazing 8 straight Final 5 games in a row.

* For those that missed it, the YouTube Video of Anthony Maiani's game winning goal against North Dakota.

* Desperate times call for desperate measures. The "DU Road Trip Assistance Team" has been convened and will be hitting Madison this weekend. LetsGoDU will be there in force giving you live updates from the bars on State Street on a blow by blow basis.

* If you're thinking about jumping on a plane at the last minute there were a few reasonable fares from Denver to Milwaukee in the $400 range this morning. Also check fares to Chicago. Flights to Madison were pretty steep. If you hear of a good airfare post the details in the "Comments Section."

* If you are a DU fan and need tickets I might be able to help you get some choice seats in the DU section (I believe its sec. 110, but not 100% sure). Email me before Noon on Wed. - dggoddard@aol.com

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

More info form Altitude 2 and wher you can find it:

http://www.altitude.tv/whatson/altitude2.aspx

dggoddard said...

Thanks. I linked it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog. I always enjoy reading the collected D.U. hockey news. I'm a D.U grad living in New Jersey. Too bad that D.U is playing in Wisconsin. I can drive to places like Worcester and Alnaby to watch them like I last did in 2005 in Amherst,MA. That was the year they beat Bemidji and New Hampshire on their way to another championship.

Thanks again,

dggoddard said...

Thanks for the feedback. Its great to hear that our little blog is connecting DU hockey fans all over the world.

Go DU :-)

Anonymous said...

ummmmm, when you dump sconnie there wont be half the crowd there would be sunday vs north dakota as if uw were still there, sorry its not st paul and the final 5. nobody will care 1 bit and the sioux will have the place rocking with fans, busses from g forks and thousand from the cioties.....uw sucks and du will blast them but them its on vs und...

Anonymous said...

Boy, I sure am glad we have these UND fans to keep us all enlightened on attendance, tickets, etc. I think we'd all be lost in a sea of confusion otherwise.

UND fans sure are an educated bunch. The majority of them are like mushrooms.....they should be fed a steady diet of dung and be kept in the dark.

Anonymous said...

this will be a hell of a regional

woop sconnie up du, they dont deserve to be in...here is to a sioux denver rematch!!

go wcha - go sioux

Anonymous said...

If you don't mind a 4 hr drive....go to last minute.com and fly from denver to minneapolis for $257-$314 with the car included.

Anonymous said...

Actually found some darn good fares from LAX to O'Hare. If I didn't have other plans, I would have considered it for sure. I will be watchin on tv as much as I can. Will watch the tape delay on Sunday, hopefully as a prep for the regional final!!! Go DU!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to edit my comment, the fares I found were not for this weekend :( I was delirious and didn't puch in the right dates. While I could have done it, it would have put a dent in future travel plans. Anyways, always looking forward to my next trip with the LetsGoDU Road Trip Team