"Reds" vs. "Whites" In The Battle Of The Brats

(left) There are "Reds" and "Whites" to choose from at State Street Brats in Madison. The "Whites" are better, but the "Reds" are the only ones available in bulk quantities to go.

I was able to bring back a case of Bratwurst from Madison, but not without a few nervous moments at the Atlanta Airport. As I was disembarking the commuter jet, I noticed three beefy baggage handlers eyeing my box of "Reds" coming out of the cargo hold of the plane. Luckily four hours later the brats rolled out of the baggage carousel in Houston and were still frozen when I got home.

Still more on Brats
You can order Bratwurst in 5 lbs. units from State Street Brats or if you aren't in Wisconsin check out the Klement's Sausage Company. The other key component is Uncle Phil's Polish (Horseradish) Mustard. I don't even like mustard but this stuff rocks and is what's on the table at State Street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, the power of horseradish! This 50% Polish-American agrees most everything is better with horseradish in/on it. Glad you liked that kind of mustard.