Matt Donovan Living Unlikely Dream

Jeff Harrison of the Edmond Sun interviewed DU 2009 recruit Matt Donovan after being the first Oklahoman to be drafted in the NHL.

Oklahoma has a penchant for producing some of the nation’s top athletes. The Sooner State may be a hotbed of talent for football, baseball and wrestling talent, but when it comes to hockey, it’s a different story.

Matt Donovan is hoping to change that. The Edmond native became the first Oklahoman to drafted in the National Hockey League, when the New York Islanders tabbed the when the 6-foot, 185 defenseman in the fourth round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft last week.

“I was pretty much just shocked the first time I saw that I was drafted, and I am still shocked, but still very honored that I was drafted by the Islanders,” said Donovan, who watched the draft at home in Edmond.

The full article is linked below and includes a video of Matt speaking about his selection.

Edmond Sun

No comments: