USCHO.com Profiles Tyler Bozak

(above) Tyler Bozak has been a force at DU since he arrived on campus
“I have a power skater that I see every summer back home in Regina that works with a lot of NHL’rs and I give her a lot of credit for helping me. She’s helped me with my stride and I skate a lot faster than I was. I feel it’s one thing in the game that you can get better than other guys at.”
-Tyler Bozak
In late November, the Denver Pioneers were struggling. They had lost three games in a row, and their potent offense seemed to be sputtering. After getting beaten badly by Minnesota, 5-2, in the first of a two game series, the Pioneers held a closed-door team meeting.

Regardless of what was said, the Pioneers big guns needed to get untracked if they were to snap their losing streak.

Just 4:39 into the first period of the Saturday game, Tyler Bozak notched what proved to be the game-winning goal, stepping out from behind the net and firing a rebound past Gophers’ goaltender Alex Kangas. [read rest of article]

No comments: