Goaltenders Have Led DU To NCAA Success

(above) DU Alum Wade Dubielewicz is now with the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets

From: Denver Post
by Mike Chambers


Sophomore goalie Marc Cheverie follows in the skate marks of Wade Dubielewicz, Adam Berkhoel, Glenn Fisher and Peter Mannino. Combined, those goalies helped DU to two NCAA titles, three Western Collegiate Hockey Association playoff titles and two WCHA regular-season crowns over the past six seasons.

"When I was being recruited, I looked at the history of the goaltenders, and some of the schools I looked at had great programs, great teams, but their goaltenders hadn't been offered (NHL) contracts," Cheverie said. "When I looked at Denver, I saw that Dubielewicz and Berkhoel moved on and Mannino and Fisher were going to move on." [read rest of article]

No comments: