So How Are You Going To Miss Work Friday?

Do you need an excuse to miss 2 1/2 hours of work on Friday to watch the big game against Wisconsin?
Top 10 Ways To Miss Work On Friday Afternoon

10). Walk up to your boss, look him square in the eye and say, "I'm going to the bar to watch the DU game, beers are on me."

9). The old "Mom Is In The Hospital" Trick. If your boss offers to go with you to the hospital, drive him to Porter Hospital. As an official sponsor of the team, Porter will surely have the game on in the Waiting Room. Important: Don't scream when DU scores.

8). "My son/daughter is sick at school."

7). Leave a half-eaten Taco Bell Fiesta Burrito© & a bottle of Pepto on the desk. No one will ask, I promise.

6). "I need to go to my house, because when I left this morning there was a crazy guy standing on my lawn and he wouldn't go away, and he said 'I'm gonna rob and burn your house this afternoon'......I'm sorry boss but I know when to take the message."

5). "The alarm company called, the alarm is sounding and they can't reach anyone at home."

4). Schedule an out of the office meeting with the factory, a customer, a coworker or supplier.

3). If its sunny bring your golf clubs into work and walk out the door at 12:30 with the clubs on your shoulder. If its snowing, bring your skis.

2). "I have a DU Alumni Association Meeting at 1 PM." Important: Don't try this if your boss went to DU, he'll know its bullshit.

1). "I'm attending the 'Fire Chancellor Coombe Rally' at Washington Park."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a bad feeling about this. I think we are going to get spanked by Wisconsin. I hope I am wrong but how many times can you beat a team in a season. There backs are against the wall and they have appeared to find their scoring.

msbdu said...

You use this one:

Help put up a new CC banner at the World Arena.

Oh, I forgot, they didn't win any banners this year so that excuse won't work.

Anonymous said...

msbdu, unless they decide to put up Gold Pan banners

du78 said...

I am going to try all 10 :-)

dggoddard said...

I can't believe the organizers planned "The Fire Coombes Rally" at the same time as the DU game. :-)

msbdu said...

You do know why they schedule both the rally and the game on the same day. DU wants to be diverse.

Anonymous said...

I need some help.I have been busy figuring out the 16 teams for the NCAA hockey tournament and then the Frozen Four and ultimate winner. I keep getting interrupted by various people talking about something called March Madness, which I understand is played with a round ball that they bounce as they run around. Does anyone know more about what this is??

dggoddard said...

If you went to DU you've probably never heard of the sport, but I believe its called "Basketball" or "Hoops."

Seems to be a big deal back east.

Anonymous said...

#7 would be your best bet! No questions asked.

Anonymous said...

This year I was informed of this March Madness when DU went to the Sun Belt Conference Tournament. And then we were run over like a bug...needless to say, I have yet to hear anything since...GO DU!