Couple Gets Engaged At DU Hockey Game

(above) Gerina shows off the Bling

Two Pioneer hockey fans were engaged on Saturday evening at Magness Arena between the second and third periods. A.J. Nittman and Gerina Wing of Longmont, Colorado are the happy couple at center of this photo surrounded by special people in the couple's life.

Naturally A.J. proposed in the "standing room only" area behind Section 18.

There was a lot of surprise and copious tears from her when he popped the question with a diamond ring, and she said 'yes.'

According to A.J., some months ago the couple was talking about potential engagement sites when Gerina suggested that she hoped A.J. would pop the question at a DU hockey game someday. That dream came true on Saturday.

Reportedly the couple reads LetsGoDU. Congrats!

8 comments:

dggoddard said...

Thank God A.J. didn't pop the question on Friday night, during DU's dreadful loss. You don't want to burden a marriage with that type of baggage.

Many years from now A.J. can tell any DU fan he popped the question minutes after Makowski's goal. :-)

Good Karma.

Amy said...

Congrats! Agreed that DU scoring and winning the game can have some good karma.

Anonymous said...

Cograts! that was a cool moment. Was standing right there and got to witness it.

If DU plays with half the emotion that Gerina displayed, we will have a very successful season :-)

puck swami said...

High drama at Magness.

Congrats!

dusince59 said...

I hope they enjoy DU Hockey for as long as me any my wife have. Presently that is 40 years

Gerina said...

Hi all! This is Gerina, thank you all for the congrats. it means a lot coming from fellow DU fans. I am honored to have been proposed to on a winning night, at my favorite place! I also got my very first game puck saturday! I've ben goin to the games for years, and can not wait to go to many more with AJ at my side! I love you so very much AJ. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such an amazing man at my side!

Unknown said...

Congrats lil Bro!!!

mikeiser said...

hey baby just me ole dad, so happy for you two and glad i was there when it happened. cant wait to walk you down the isle next summer. love you g