Ruegsegger's Incredible Goal On YouTube

Thanks to DU Hockey fan "WWRD" who posted the video on YouTube and emailed us the link. Solid work. A greatful Pioneer Nation thanks you for your efforts.

Ruegsegger undresses Minnesota State on YouTube

After freshman Dustin Jackson and junior Patrick Mullen scored in the first six minutes of the game, Ruegsegger made it 3-0 at 13:07 with a shorthanded tally that will likely be available on YouTube. He took a pass from sophomore Brock Trotter at the Mavericks' blue line and embarrassed defenseman Kurt Davis before snapping the puck through the legs of goalie Dan Tormey.

Ruegsegger put the puck through Davis' skates twice before sailing in on the breakaway. He made it 4-0 early in the second period by making a similar move to produce DU's only power-play goal.

"They walked around our guys," Minnesota State coach Troy Jutting said of the Pioneers, who have won four in a row. "I don't think in (my) eight years I've seen our guys get beat 1-on-1 like tonight."

Said the modest Ruegsegger: "I was lucky enough to put a couple pucks on net."

1 comment:

Twister said...

Great stuff. I wish I had seen this in person.