Students At Fisher Center Call For Boone Vote

(above) Madeleine fields a question from the media during a press conference on Sunday

Madeleine, a 3 year-old currently attending the University of Denver's prestigious Fisher Early Learning Center, called a press conference today to demand the return of Boone as DU's mascot.

Madeleine was often heated and cantankerous during the media session, but it turned out that the event was scheduled during her usual "nap time."

"This whole Boone issue is ridiculous" she stated to begin her opening remarks. "As you can see by my Boone shirt, I represent the overwhelming majority of Fisher students in favor of Boone's return as mascot."

"My Daddy went to DU when Boone was mascot and his Daddy before him. I should be able to enjoy the same privilege and is a contributing factor to my support on this very grassroots level."

"I am trying to get my classmates involved because they all love Boone. We're going host an election here at Fisher to Bring Boone Back as our mascot. Frankly, I've always considered myself a Pioneer"

"Look, when I enter DU as an undergrad in 2023, tuition will be about 80 grand per year. That's 320,000 for four years. At that price, I better be properly entertained during hockey games, and all I can say is the Chicken Hawk isn't getting it done." Madeleine's father, slumped into his chair upon realizing how much money DU was going to cost.

"The recent communication from the Chancellor and his administration has been disappointing to say the least.....their response to this issue has been both arbitrary and capricious" she said in disgust. "I'm not saying that they are trying to be duplicitous, but I think given the popularity of Boone, a more forthcoming response to our requests would have been more appropriate."

"Hopefully, by 2023, this issue will be all worked out. Not reinstating Boone is about as preposterous a notion as to suggest Joe Colborne would be better suited playing on the blueline!"

When asked which would have better odds, Boone being reinstated by 2023 or Colorado College winning a National Championship, Madeleine replied immediately. "I'll have my masters degree from DU before CC wins a National Championship."

Do you have an interesting or unusual Boone photo or story. Email it to us and we'll post it.

2 comments:

dggoddard said...

Thanks to "Grand Pa" for taking the photo and submitting the story idea. :-)

du78 said...

LMAO