LetsGoDU called for improvements in fan safety at Ralph Engelstad Arena two weeks ago and the arena management and administration came through with a comprehensive plan that was unveiled today. UND & Ralph Engelstad Arena have laid the groundwork.
Now its time for the other nine WCHA Arenas (including DU) to follow suit. Sportsmanship is important and the WCHA needs to adopt or exceed the NCAA policy guidelines.
- Abusive language or disorderly conduct is unacceptable and unwelcome. Profanity, racial or sexist comments or intimidating actions directed at the student-athletes, coaches or officials will not be tolerated.
- Fans shall not interfere unduly with anyone else's right and opportunity to enjoy the event.
- Fans shall refrain from throwing objects and/or possessing prohibited items.
- Fans who consume alcoholic beverages shall do so in a responsible manner. Intervention with an intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner. Fans appearing intoxicated will be denied entry and/or subject to ejection.
- Offensive or obscene messages on signs or clothing will not be permitted.
- Fans will be courteous to visiting teams and guests. We will cheer for the Sioux, not against our opponents.
- Fans shall comply with the directions and instructions of Ralph Engelstad Arena staff regarding Arena operations and emergency response procedures.
- Season ticket holders are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of their guests and/or persons occupying their seats.