News & Notes From Around Pioneer Nation

2010 DU recruit Jason Zucker is leading the USNDT-Under 18 Team in scoring with 10 goals and 9 assists.
------------------
Another former Pioneer is coaching hockey. Ryan Hacker, a former University of Denver defenseman from 1996-99, is the head hockey coach at Sartell High School in Minnesota. The Sabres entered the season ranked No. 20 in Class A. Hacker has been the head coach there since 2007-08.
------------------
As they said in Godfather Part II, former DU Captain J.P. Testuwuide is "dead to me." Now playing for AHL Houston Aeros, he spends his free time cheering for the Colorado College Tigers.

Godfather Part II Quotes: "I know it was you J.P. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!"

"J.P., you're nothing to me now. You're not a brother, you're not a friend. I don't want to know you or what you do. I don't want to see you at Magness Arena, I don't want you near DU. When you see Gwozdecky, I want to know a day in advance, so I won't be there. You understand?"

"I don't want anything to happen to J.P. while Gwozdecky is alive."
------------------
According to Mike Chambers at the Denver Post both Chris Nutini & Patrick Wiercioch will practice today to test their injuries. Both injuries were not considered serious.
------------------
Former DU defenseman Chris Butler suffered an ankle sprain in the first period of Buffalo’s 6-2 win against the Canadiens on Thursday, after getting tangled up with a Montreal forward in front of the net. Butler has played in all 25 games in the 2009-10 season, earning plenty of ice time in his sophomore NHL season. He currently is ranked second on the team with an average of 20:55 minutes per game, behind only rookie Tyler Myers (21:55). The injury is not considered serious.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodfellas.....Whoah! JP, all dressed up and doin the town. Come here JP. I've known you all my life, you little stinker you. We used to call him shinebox Testwuide; oh, he'd make your skateboots look like friggin mirrors. ..... Now go down to the Springs and get your friggin shinebox!

Anonymous said...

Let me guess, all the contributors to this wonderful blog have zero athletic ability. Sadly you were always picked last in school yard games. Now, your adults and you feel like you have some athletic sense.

" I have an idea, I will write a blog and everyone will think I know wtf I'm talking about." As a DU fan, Dg, you are a disgrace to our school. JP has more honor and credibility than you you will ever dream of. Get a life!

dggoddard said...

Um, you do realize that I didn't really order the mob to take out J.P. after Gwoz dies?

puck swami said...

It always amazes me how some people can't tell reality from a joke.

Of course JP is cheering for his brother. Who wouldn't cheer for their own family? Come on.

Anonymous said...

goddard............last on picked on the playground......scarred for life....:(

Anonymous said...

Just because you played hockey doesn’t mean it’s fun to listen to you talk about it. Take Charlie Host for example. He’s a total bore. Charlie must pay to advertise his financial business during the games. On the other hand, Shagman is a riot! Shaggy may not have played hockey but I’d listen to his radio broadcast any day over Mr. Beige doing color on television.