DU Recruit Trevor Moore Leads Team In Scoring

Trevor Moore
From: StormHockey.com

Tri-City Storm forward Trevor Moore has really elevated his game during his second season in Kearney, Nebraska. Moore is currently leading the team in scoring with 54 points on 19 goals and 35 assists this season. He ranks thirteenth in the USHL in overall scoring and his 35 assists are ninth best in the league.

With nine games to go, Moore has already improved on his numbers from last season, when he had 32 points on 12 goals and 20 assists. His 55 career assists and 86 career points are fifth and eighth-best respectively in team history.

The forward said his success is partly due to a higher level of confidence this season.

“I think I’m more confident with the puck,” Moore said. “I’ve gotten a lot stronger since I’ve been here and my battling skills have improved. I’m able to hold on to the puck and I know I can make plays.”

The Thousand Oaks, Calif. native will turn 18 at the end of the monthand will as a freshman at the University of Denver this fall.

“I think Denver is a great place to play hockey and the atmosphere is unbelievable” Moore said. They’ve always been competitive and I’m looking to win a championship there.”

The school will be part of the newly formed National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC).

“They talk to me quite a bit,” Moore said of his future university. “They want me to keep working out and getting stronger because in college there are a lot of bigger, stronger, older guys and they want me to be able to come in and compete.”

Although he’s happy with the success he’s enjoyed this season, Moore knows there’s still work to be done.

“Right now, I just need to keep working hard,” Moore said. “It’s easier to get tired at the end of the year and get lazy but you really have to work hard and grind it out.”

No comments: