Blog Closed For Off-Season Repairs

Its time to close the Blog till next hockey season.

Thanks to the readers who tuned in this season to follow the Denver Pioneers and WCHA Hockey. LetsGoDU was created to improve school spirit at DU (hense the name), and along the way the Blog morphed into a satirical look at college hockey. We'll be back a month or so before next season ready to take on the college hockey world again.

A huge "Good Bye & Good Luck" to departing players Gabe Gauthier, Ted O'Leary and Matt Carle who delivered two more National Championships (DU's 6th & 7th), a MacNaughton (DU's 10th) and a Broadmoor Trophy (our 14th) to the university. To Matt Carle who added a Hobey Baker Award to mix, bring the Stanley Cup back to DU on its way up to Anchorage.

To all the DU fans who helped out with story ideas, photos, encouragement, inside infomation and road trips I can't thank you enough. To the other college hockey bloggers, stay in touch we are creating something great here and getting better every day. Thanks to everyone who posted "Comments," about the articles. Often your Comments were better than my articles.

Finally to the rest of the DU hockey players, coaches and EVERYONE in DU's Athletic Department, thanks for another great season of Pioneer hockey. Lets hang some more banners up in the Magness rafters next season.

If you have any questions about DU Hockey or the University of Denver go to the "All Things DU" Thread at USCHO.com, the DU fans who frequent that site know EVERYTHING...

LET'S GO DU

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will miss it. You did a great job and it was something that I tried to visit at least once a day. Keep up the good work and I will look forward to the 2006/07 DU hockey season and your blog. Can't wait to enjoy CC's 50th year withoput an NCAA title.

DC said...

Depressing. Months and months where I don't pee in my pants laughing at what you have to write.

Eric J. Burton said...

Say it isn't so?

Anonymous said...

keep living in the past loser.

csmith10du said...

thanks for the comment! i hope you don't mind i linked to you. I love your blog. I too will miss it in the offseason! Thanks for the great season of writing and I hope the 2006-2007 season of Let's Go DU is just as entertaining!

Anonymous said...

Shiste, now I don' know what to do first thing in the morning once I get to work!

Gret work this season DG -- the blog was a hit - not only to DU fans, but others as well.

I look forward to next season and the resumption of the best college hockey blog out there. I enjoyed reading it as well as contributing to it.

Pinhead Nation said...

Have a good summer. Drop by Pinhead Nation from time to time. We keep the doors open 365 days a year.