Gregoire Slams The Door On DU
Link: Grand Forks Herald
by Brad Schlossman

Jason Gregoire, who originally gave a verbal commitment to the Pioneers a few months ago, said he wants to be closer to his home in Winnipeg.

"When I had my surgeries, it was a real emotional time in my life," said Gregoire, who suffered ankle injuries last fall." And coming from a big city like Lincoln, I liked the bright lights of Denver. But as I started playing again, I didn't see my family as much and I realized what I wanted in my heart. The grass isn't always greener."

Gregoire said the first step was to de-commit from Denver. "Luckily," he said, UND was still interested.

"The location is perfect," Gregoire said. "The Ralph is unbelievable. The hockey programs are second-to-none. I like the coaching staff and the educational opportunities. It's just a great school in my backyard."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your back yard is nothing but tumble weeds.