DU Recruiting News & Notes

NHL Central Scouting released their preliminary rankings of players in each top junior league in both North America and Europe, eligible for the 2013 NHL Draft. Three University of Denver recruits were mentioned in the USHL's Top 25; #15 Trevor Moore, #20 Will Butcher & #21 Garrett Gamez.
----------
DU recruit Garrett Gamez was profiled in StormHockey.com. Gamez [5'11 180 lbs. Chino Hills, CA] fulfilled his lifelong dream when he committed to play college hockey at the University of Denver. 

“When I was eight years old I actually went to a tournament in Denver, and I just always loved it there. After nationals this year I visited New Hampshire, Northeastern, Colorado College and Denver. After I went to Denver, my mind was made up. It’s where I wanted to go since I was a little kid, and I was so blessed to get a full scholarship. That meant a ton to me and my family.”
----------
University of Denver hockey alum Scott McConnell, who is the head coach of the USHL Chicago Steel, announced that the Steel have acquired DU recruit Landon Smith [5'10 181 lbs. Greenwood Village, CO] from the Cedar Rapids Roughriders.  The move should net Smith more ice time and scoring opportunities.
2013 Recruiting Class Updated Stats
D Matt Van Voorhis (Sioux Falls, USHL) - 16 games, 2 goal, 7 assists
F Brad Hawkinson (Lincoln Stars, USHL) - 14 games, 3 goals, 1 assist
F Landon Smith (Chicago, USHL) - 15 games, 5 goals, 2 assists
F Connor Chatham (Omaha, USHL) - 17 games, 7 goals, 4 assists
F Ray Pigozzi (Chicago, USHL) - 12 games, 1 goal, 8 assists
D Will Butcher (U.S. Under-18) - 21 games, 3 goals, 10 assists
F Cody DePourcq (Penticton, BCHL) - 23 games, 1 goal, 5 assists
F Trevor Moore (Tri-Cities, USHL) 17 games, 8 goals, 10 assists
D Gage Ausmus (U.S. Under-18) 20 games, 2 assists

2014 Recruiting Class Updated Stats
F Tyler Pham (Indiana Ice, USHL) - 17 games, 7 assists
F Jared Fiegl (U.S. Under-17) 16 games, 4 goals, 5 assists
F Garrett Gamez (Tri-Cities, USHL) 17 games, 4 goals, 3 assists

2015 Recruiting Class Updated Stats
F Dylan Gambrell (Dubuque, USHL) 15 games, 1 goal, 4 assist

No comments: